Monday, September 27, 2010

The blog begins: tears and laughter (and homicidal urges?)

Welcome to my blog! You may be wondering why I started one. Well, so many times since Lonny and I have become parents, we've said "we have to write that down!" and  we rarely do. Tonight, Lonny said it again....so let the blogging begin! I can fantasize that this blog will be exciting, that it will make you laugh and cry, and keep you on the edge of your seat just waiting for the next entry....but let's be real here. We are a little family with a pretty ordinary life, and I'm not the greatest at imparting laughter and tears. But I hope that the people in my life will bring some form of entertainment to my writings. At the very least, this blog will let me look back and remember the daily happenings and musings that I'll probably otherwise forget. I titled it Olsen Family Journey because the everyday events in our lives are the steps in our journey through life. Lonny and I have had quite an experience just getting to where we are today, and with Kaden in our lives, I hope that the Olsen Family Journey will bring us much happiness throughout our lives.


Disclaimer: I'll tell things how I remember them. I'm not trying to take creative liberties. If something doesn't match up to your recollections and it's bugging you, or if you remember more details about something....feel free to add your two cents!

So here's the scoop on what Lonny was saying earlier we had to write down....

Lonny is working out of town, up in Blaine, this week. At bedtime Lonny tells Kaden, "I have to go away for work for a whole week. But I'm gonna miss you, and I love you so much." K replies, "Then don't go away" *Mommy & Daddy tears* Lonny says in a sad voice, "I have to go to work so I can get money to buy you clothes, and food, and cocoa." (Cocoa is what we have Kaden call chocolate...many of you know the story why!) Kaden says in a consoling voice, "Don't worry dada, I have cocoa at Grandma's house." *mixture of laughter and tears* Lonny says through laughter "This is killing me!" So Kaden, obviously thinking that's a good thing says, "I want to kill you dada." We can't help it...we laugh harder...and Kaden repeats sweetly with a smile on his face "I want to kill you." Then we are finally able to calm our laughter and explain to our little boy that saying "I want to kill you" is not nice. Then Lonny trusts Kaden enough to let him cuddle and fall asleep next to him. Now I am sitting at the computer in the other room, and I presume (since there have been no screams or other suspicious sounds) they are both fast asleep in our bedroom. So unless you hear a disturbingly tragic news story about a 2 year old and his sleeping father, there will be more blogging to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment